Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Accepting Help



Yesterday my companion and I were driving through neighborhoods trying to find an address we had written on a little notecard. The road we were on was on the outskirts of town. Because it was all squeezed into a small grove there were lots of little, secret side streets that looked like they had been  after thoughts. With all of the side streets and oddly ordered house numbers, we were lost.

We could not find the street.

We could not find the number.

After driving slowly down the street, inspecting every mailbox number and house number, we decided to turn around. Normally, I would have my companion Sister C. get out of the car and help back me up. However, since it was just a small turn around, I rationalized that I could do it without help. I thought that there was just some grass behind me.

I slowly backed the car. I couldn't see anything. I just trusted myself that everything was okay.

Then I shifted into drive, turned the steering wheel and pulled forward. I was actually able to see what had really been behind me.

What had REALLY been behind me? What had I REALLY risked by not asking for help?

A huge stack of bricks and a telephone pole. No joke. I could have completely destroyed the car. Why did not I ask for help?

Life is far to complicated and risky to navigate without help. I think it is worth the work to be worthy for God's guidance!

Champion Good! Pray and listen for God's guidance!

No comments:

Post a Comment