Saturday, August 27, 2011

Favorite foods!

Food is wonderful! It makes me happy and it is something that I think about all of the time. I like to eat it, I like to cook it, and I like to share it.

Food!

Some of my favorite foods are fancy: for instance lasagna, clam chowder, and Navajo tacos. Some of them are spicy, some of them are sweet, and some of them sour. But, one of my all time favorite foods is bread, butter, and jam (with a glass of milk!)

Bread is simple. Butter is simple. And jam is simple. Yet, I can eat it over and over and never get tired of it. If I ever have a surprise visit from a friend and they get hungry, I make bread and jam! It never fails.

More food!

In the scriptures Christ eats food with all kinds of people. He gets made fun of for eating with the "un-cool" crowd (Matthew chapter 9 verse 11). He does a little bit of cooking (John chapter 21 verses 9-13).  He even helps feed the hungry when he performs the miracle of the loaves and fishes (Matthew chapter 15 verses 32-38).

Food is a great tool for champion-ing good. Give it away, share it, sit by people and talk with them while you both eat. Do not be stingy with your food or your food time. Use it to help people and share what you have even if you do not have much. Just in case you are not confident in your cooking skills, never fear! Bread and jam hits the spot every time!

Champion good! Eat food!
 I made this! (chicken and dumplings)



No comments:

Post a Comment