Friday, June 29, 2012

Moment of Truth

 
Hi, my name is Sister Biggs and I have gained weight on my mission.

No really! I have! I have gained about ten pounds. There are two reasons for this change. #1 I am not as active. #2 I eat as though I was still active.

Nobody likes feeling bad about their body. Usually, I do not. However, gaining some weight was making me feel down. I was particularly panicked when my clothes started getting tighter. So, I knuckled down and decided to lose some weight. I have tried a couple of times before and failed. This time I promised myself that I would keep picture records of my progress so that I could share it with you! So, here I am keeping my promise.

Day 1 picture


Here is the book that I used to set up my exercise routine.


My main problem was not getting myself to exercise, it was consistantly exercising. I decided that I can do any exercise routine for three days in a row. So, I do three days of exercise. Then I skip a day. Then I do three more days of exercise. So far, this has been working. I run for fifteen minutes every morning.

The first week I could barely make it through the whole run. The second week I did a lot better. The third week I was surprised at how quickly it passed! Now I am trying to run faster over the whole period. I can tell that I am getting faster. It is really fun to see my progress. I feel really good about myself. Not to mention, I have lost five pounds! 



Now, I have also tried to control my eating. Mostly, I do not snack too much, I drink lots of water, and I take single portions at meals. I am not always the best at this, but it has been helping.

My favorite part so far is not losing the weight, but having such good self esteem. I like my studies more. I like the people around me more. I feel God's love more. I am more self disciplined.

I think it is cool that our bodies and our spirits are connected. When I am doing well spiritually, I feel good physically. This past month I have learned that as I do well physically I do well emotionally and spiritually.

Champion good! Exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment