Saturday, September 24, 2011

Climbing Trees



I love climbing. Trees in particular are my favorite thing to climb. When I am up above everything else, I feel closer to God and godly thoughts.

In a tree I leave behind other people, my phone, my shoes, my studies, everything. My heart is the only thing I take with me into a tree. I like that.

God only cares about my heart anyway.

The feeling of being separated from those things, of being high enough to commune with God, can be felt on the ground too. I feel that way when I separate myself from the unimportant or inappropriate. I try to surround myself with people and things that help me to feel closer to God and higher in thought. When I do that, I can feel God with me and I can feel like my heart is something that God is proud of.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55: 9-10)

Champion good and climb higher!


No comments:

Post a Comment