Friday, December 9, 2011

Art Speaks!

Art is a wonderful thing. It is like body language. You do not need to speak to communicate a thought or a feeling. In body language you can nod, wink, stick out your tongue, wince or raise an eyebrow and others will know what you are thinking! Like body language, art is silent, but it expresses so much, entire stories, without any sound at all.  Though silent, it still speaks.



One of my favorite Christmas traditions is going to the crèche festival. In Virginia my family and I would go to the Washington D.C. Mormon Temple Visitor's Center crèche festival. It displayed hundreds of crèches (scenes of Christ's birth) from around the world. (If you want to read the story of Christ's birth it is found in Matthew 1:18-25; Matthew 2:1-12; Luke 1:26-38; and Luke 2:1-20 in the Holy Bible). Each individual crèche is beautiful. They are very different from each other. Some are glass, some are paper, some are wood. Some are fancy and some are simple but all help me imagine what the first moments of Christ's life were like.

Last week I went to the crèche festival held in Santa Rosa, California. Here are some of the pieces I liked the best. I hope they speak to you about Christ's life.

Merry Christmas everyone! Champion good! Enjoy crèche art!













 









































No comments:

Post a Comment