Thursday, December 29, 2011

I am a Missionary

Missionary: Someone sent on a mission.

The word mission makes me think of soldiers. Soldiers go on special missions to accomplish objectives for their country. Wherever they go, they represent their country and their conduct reflects upon their country. I am not in the military, but six months ago I volunteered to go on a mission. My assignment and objective was to be a representative of Jesus Christ wherever I was sent. My conduct would reflect my belief in Him and help others recognize His love for us. 

I try to represent Him by doing the kinds of things He would do.What kinds of things would Jesus do? The scriptures say, " [He] went about doing good" (Acts chapter 10 verse 38). So, I try to do the same.

The past few weeks over Christmas I have had the chance to see a lot of good done. I have helped as well as simply observed. For instance,  the other missionaries and I loaded truckloads of garbage from a young family's backyard and took it to the dump for no charge. Now, those kids have a nice backyard to play in! Families from our church have provided food and presents for me and my companion to deliver to the unfortunate. Others have donated money and time to help us in our work. I have felt Christ's love for others this Christmas. I have felt it by sharing it and watching others do the same. It is extremely satisfying to know that, at least for this Christmas, I can say -  mission accomplished.


Some of the missionaries here in Santa Rosa!



No comments:

Post a Comment