Thursday, January 26, 2012

Message in a Bottle

Communication on a Mission



While on a mission, you are required to spend most of your time working. However! There is one day a week where you are permitted to write an e-mail home. Besides that e-mail to family, the only other communication you can have is through letters. All the letters have to be written on that one day.

I have been on my mission for almost seven months now. I have learned that to successfully get all of my letters written, I have to be organized and prepared.

1. Throughout the week, I take notes on funny or significant things that happen. I have these notes by me while I write.

2. I keep a booklet with everyone's addresses so that I do not have to rifle through old letters to find them!

3. I keep all of my letter writing stuff in a box. Pens, envelopes, paper, stickers, markers, stamps - you name it, it is in the box!

4. I bring snacks. Chocolates or gummies are preferred :)

5. I write in comfort. In the picture above, I am by the heater and propped up on a pillow. Perfect!

I do a pretty good job of staying in touch with people. I have limited time, but if I handle it well, I can get a lot done. The best part is, that when I do a good job writing people, they write me back! I love getting letters on my mission. It is the only time I get to hear from people! They make me laugh and they make me feel loved. Sometimes I even get pictures!

When we use our time and skills wisely, we can get quite a bit done. The Lord understands this. Sometimes He will give us enormous jobs to do! But, I would like to think that they can all be tackled if we use our time and skills wisely.

Champion good! Use the time! Use the skills!







No comments:

Post a Comment