Friday, February 3, 2012

Things We Learn from The Princess Bride



Inigo "Hello! My  name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

If we were to have four sentences define who we are and what we are looking to accomplish in life, what would they be? "Hello! My name is Sister Biggs. I believe you and I are part of God's eternal family and I love you. Prepare to be happy." These couple of sentences work for me because right now I'm a missionary. What works for you? Is God or championing good a part of it?

Buttercup "I shall never love again."

When Buttercup thinks Westley has died, she declares that she will never love again. In other words, nothing will ever mean as much to her as Westley did. I can only say that I feel that way about a very few things: God and my family. God, because He brings me purpose and true happiness; my family, because I love them. What about you?

Westley "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

We are all part of God's family. He loves us perfectly. We all form relationships here on earth that are based off of love. Love is meant to last. Relationships are meant to last. God's family, us, is meant to be together in love and happiness for eternity.  Death and sin, the only things that separate us from God and each other, were conquered by Jesus Christ. So, if we follow Christ, death [and sin] really cannot stop true love. "All it can do is delay it for a while." That makes me so happy!


Champion Good! Love people! Know your purpose! Live your purpose!  

Bonus quote: Westley, "You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment